The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for a Medical Director in the Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (Zuckerberg San Francisco General). This is a full-time position and will be filled in a rank and series commensurate with experience, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2016 or thereafter.
The PES at Zuckerberg San Francisco General is staffed by a talented and collegial group of clinical faculty. Nursing and occupation therapy staff members contribute to a high-quality, collaborative, and multidisciplinary team. PES is committed to providing outstanding care to a diverse San Francisco patient population, and the staff includes clinicians with experience and expertise in working with patients of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- MD, DO, or equivalent; board-certified or board-eligible in Psychiatry; and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment
- Demonstrated psychiatric emergency or inpatient experience
- Demonstrated clinical, educational, and leadership skills with strong commitment to an academic career as a clinician-educator
- Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse populations
- Serve as Medical Director of the PES at Zuckerberg San Francisco General
- Responsible for the clinical care provided by PES, including assessment and treatment of patients in PES, and psychiatric consultation to the Emergency Department
- Recruit, hire and supervise PES medical staff
- Perform direct patient care
- Engage in innovation and continual improvements in clinical and educational programs
- Participate in teaching, supervision and assessment of trainees
- Participate in departmental, university, and public service
Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00671.