The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for a Professor of Reproductive Health and Psychology for the UCSF Preterm Birth Initiative (PTBi), a multi-year, transdisciplinary research effort aimed at reducing the burden of prematurity. This is a full-time position and will be filled at the Full Professor level in a series commensurate with experience, with a start date of January 1, 2017 or thereafter.
- PhD in Psychology and deep content expertise in reproductive/perinatal health (candidate should qualify for joint appointment in Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences)
- Demonstrated track record of research grant funding, including multiple R01s or equivalent funding
- Demonstrated expertise in development and leadership of a transdisciplinary post-doctoral research training program (T32 or equivalent)
- Demonstrated expertise in the evaluation of group/peer-supported care
- Demonstrated expertise and track record with Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR) methodology
- Demonstrated effective organization and leadership of transdisciplinary and cross-sector health-focused research models
- Demonstrated experience in working with underserved and culturally diverse trainee and patient populations
- Develop and help lead a robust community-engaged interventions research program, with a focus to be determined by the incumbent in alignment with the broad goals of UCSF’s California Preterm Birth Initiative and the Department of Psychiatry
- Collaborate effectively with local researchers, public health teams, and community-based organizations that include but are not limited to specific communities in San Francisco, Oakland, and Fresno, CA
- Collaborate effectively with basic, clinical and population health researchers across disciplines and sectors to evaluate the barriers/facilitators to existing evidence-based interventions and promote the implementation and evaluation of new and locally-adapted clinical interventions/treatment models designed for scale and impact
- Participate in cross-sector policy and resource alignment efforts that aim to improve women’s mental health and reduce the burden of preterm birth
- Participate in teaching and educational activities
- Participate in departmental, university, and community service
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01039.