The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for the Director of Acute Care Services at UCSF Health. The Director of Acute Care Services will supervise all hospital-based acute care including the LPPHC Adult Psychiatric Inpatient Unit, the Consultation-Liaison Service, which provides consultation to the Emergency Department, Inpatient Medicine, Inpatient Surgery, Inpatient OB/GYN and covers these services 24/7. This is a full-time position and will be filled at the Associate or Full Professor level in a faculty series commensurate with experience with a start date of July 1, 2020 or later.
- MD or equivalent, board certified or board-eligible in psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California
- Experience in developing and providing both adult psychiatric services in complex academic health systems, with a primary focus on inpatient psychiatric care delivery models and conventional psychiatric consultations in the inpatient medical setting
- Excellence in clinical curriculum development, direct teaching, and mentoring of trainees in clinical services environments
- Demonstrated leadership experience in clinical systems
- Record of scholarship in education, clinical innovations, or research
- Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse trainee and patient populations
- Manage existing, and develop new inpatient and/or psychiatry consultation care models at UCSF Health, a dynamic and complex health delivery system, through the lens of continuous quality improvement processes
- Work with the department and UCSF Health leadership to advance integration of inpatient mental health and medical care throughout the UCSF Health delivery system
- Provide direct patient care, including clinical consultation, through traditional methods and tele-psychiatry
- Educate UCSF health professional trainees through teaching and supervision, and modeling clinical and/or educational scholarship for trainees
- Collaborate with training program directors in psychiatry and other disciplines to develop novel clinical curricula
- Be open to collaborating with faculty on health services research opportunities
- Participate in departmental, university, and/or public service
Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02859.