This site of resources for coping and emotional health has been developed for the benefit of our whole community - UCSF staff, faculty, students, patients, providers, Bay Area families, and the public at large. Please share it with others. This is a very challenging time and we all must step up to maintain our well-being and help one another. We are here to support you.
This is an evolving, living website that will be updated to respond to the emerging demands of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have tried to address special situations and mental health needs caused or worsened by the crisis. On this site, our faculty offer their best advice and resources on how to maintain good mental health while practicing physical distancing, particularly during this period of “shelter in place.” We are all flooded with information and advice, so we have curated the information for you and your loved ones. There are many links to online wellness resources, prioritizing those that are free. If you have suggestions for additional content, please let us know us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medical information about COVID-19 can be found at coronavirus.ucsf.edu.
Protecting your own wellness will also help those around you. Together we can become a more stress resilient community during this difficult period. Stay well and safe.
With warm regards,
UCSF Department of Psychiatry
A note to frontline providers
Those of you who are working with patients need extra support. You are heroes of this pandemic. You are likely to be facing both personal and professional challenges, and it is essential that you continue self-care and take breaks. Please consider immediately using one of the high-quality digital health apps, now free to providers, that can support your mental health or one of the referral resources for counseling.
Further resources for UCSF Health employees, providers, and patients, such as peer counseling, phone support, and spiritual counseling, can be found at coronavirus.ucsf.edu/emotional-health-wellbeing-resources. You can also take part in our weekly webinar series.
- Useful mental health apps
- Emotional well-being and coping during COVID-19
- Seeking help: Resources for clinical anxiety and mental health issues
- How to talk to children about COVID19
- Helping children cope
- Living well: Family harmony while under shelter at home
- For families with mental health challenges
- Learning resources and home-schooling support
- How to survive while maintaining distance: Activities during the Bay Area shelter in place
- Staying well during pregnancy
- Maintaining wellness for older adults and caregivers
- Practical resources for low-income and other groups